Independence Personal Injury Attorney
You should never have to worry about being harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person. However, if you have been injured, you need to be able to recover compensation for what has happened. At Peddicord & Townsend LLC, our Independence personal injury attorneys are ready to get to work investigating what happened in your case so we can secure the coverage you are entitled to.
Personal injuries happen in a variety of ways
Personal injury cases arise when someone is harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity. When this happens, the injured victim can file a lawsuit to recover compensation for their injury expenses. These cases arise in a variety of ways. Some of the most common causes our Independence personal injury lawyers handle include:
- Vehicle Accidents: During the latest reporting year in Missouri, we know that there were over 150,000 vehicle crashes. These incidents led to 923 fatalities and 57,270 injuries. Traffic crashes are caused by distracted drivers, impaired drivers, and those who fail to follow traffic laws.
- Truck accidents: Accidents involving large trucks can be detrimental for those inside passenger vehicles. Large trucks include tractor-trailers, garbage trucks, delivery trucks, and more. These incidents commonly lead to severe injuries.
- Workplace Incidents/Construction Accidents: All employers have a duty to ensure that their workers are reasonably safe on the job. When a worker is injured, they should be able to count on workers’ compensation insurance to cover their expenses.
- Defective Products: The government website that tracks current recalls in the country shows us that there are many products on the market that can cause harm to consumers. This could be due to a poor design, manufacturing error, or problems with the product’s label.
- Medical Errors: Johns Hopkins researchers say that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US. These mistakes occur in a variety of ways, including misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, medication mix-ups, healthcare-acquired infections, surgical mistakes, birth injuries, etc.
- Slip And Fall Incidents/Premises Injuries: All property owners have a duty to keep those allowed on their premises safe from known hazards. Negligent or careless property owners can create situations that cause harm to guests and invitees.
- Dog Bites. We know that there are around 4.5 million dog bites each year in this country. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that nearly one in five people bitten require medical care.
These are not the only types of injuries a person can sustain that are caused by the negligence of others. You should always consult with a personal injury attorney about the specifics of your case.
We will help get you through this
If you or somebody you care about has sustained an injury that was caused by another person’s negligent or careless actions, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation and the team at Peddicord & Townsend LLC is ready to get to work on your case. We will investigate what happened in order to secure the following on your behalf:
- Compensation for any medical bills you incur due to the injury
- Lost wages if you are unable to work while you recover
- General household expenses
- Possible physical therapy and rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
When you need an Independence personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 816-842-3200.