Kansas City Medical Malpractice Attorney
Think about how many medical professionals you see on a regular basis. We are willing to bet it is quite a few, considering that these professionals include much more than just doctors. Unfortunately, sometimes these medical professionals make mistakes that cause harm to patients.
At Peddicord & Townsend LLC, we are here when you need a Kansas City medical malpractice attorney. Our qualified and experienced team will work to secure the compensation you need for all of your incident-related expenses so you can focus on recovering.
The Stats May Surprise You
Here is a number that we want to sink in – 250,000.
That is the number of people that researchers at Johns Hopkins University say are killed each year due to medical mistakes. That makes medical mistakes the third leading cause of death in the country, behind only heart disease and cancer.
When we talk about medical mistakes, we need to point out that not every case involves a doctor. Consider the following:
- Physician’s assistants
- Nurse’s aides
We encounter numerous medical professionals regularly and each of them has the ability to make a mistake. Today, we want to cover some of the main ways people are harmed due to the negligent or careless acts of medical professionals.
- Infections – despite strict infection protocols in place at hospitals and doctor’s offices, we know that an overwhelming number of people acquire infections in the healthcare setting. This happens when medical staff neglects to check high-risk areas for infection and when proper disinfecting techniques are not followed.
- Diagnosing Errors – the most important thing for a healthcare professional to get right is the diagnosis because it determines the course of treatment. Diagnostic mistakes affect nearly 12 million people a year and can lead to delayed treatment or no treatment at all for a patient.
- Medication Mistakes – these mistakes occur when a patient receives the wrong medication, the wrong dosage of their medication, or fails to receive their medication at all. This can happen in the hospital setting as well as at the pharmacy level.
- Surgical Mistakes – these errors can be terrifying and occur when a member of the surgical team is negligent. Major surgical mistakes include operating on the wrong body part, the wrong patient, surgical instruments being left inside of someone, anesthesiologist errors, and more.
Your Next Steps
Stop for a minute and understand that these cases are complex and you should not try to tackle them by yourself. At Peddicord & Townsend LLC, you can count on our knowledgeable and experienced team to be by your side when you need a Kansas City medical malpractice attorney.
When we take your case, we will conduct a thorough investigation into what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include coverage for the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the mistake, including future medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages against the responsible parties
You can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 816-842-3200.