Kansas City Ice and Snow Accident Attorney
Cold Weather Slip-And-Fall Accidents
Winter weather can create dangerous conditions. Many slip-and-fall accidents occur in the winter months when:
- Walkways go unshoveled for days at a time
- Ice builds up on sidewalks and parking areas
- Crosswalks are packed with ice and black ice
- Built-up rooftop snow and icicles come crashing down on pedestrians
- Snowplows inadvertently strike passersby
- Businesses fail to salt slippery passageways
- Melting rooftop snow refreezes on sidewalks and entryways
- Store owners fail to sweep public areas, or to provide warning signs in, especially dangerous areas
These conditions can lead to serious falls — especially among the elderly, pregnant women and others who are vulnerable.
Your Options For Compensation
Property owners have a responsibility to keep walkways clear of ice and snow. When they fail to do so, and you suffer the consequences, you may be entitled to compensation through a premises liability claim.
Contact Peddicord & Townsend LLC in Kansas City to learn more about your options. Our lawyers will evaluate your claim and let you know what types of compensation you may be entitled to such as:
- Medical expenses and other out-of-pocket costs related to the injury
- Lost wages if you’re unable to work
- Ongoing costs of therapy and rehabilitation
- Pain, suffering and other noneconomic damages
Drawing on 20-plus years of combined experience, our attorneys can help you strategize the best way to pursue the full financial recovery you deserve.
Get In Touch
To discuss your rights with a member of our team during a free and confidential consultation, please call 816-842-3200. We work with clients in Kansas and Missouri.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.