Kansas City Wrongful Death Attorney
You should never feel like you are alone if a loved one has died due to the negligent or careless acts of another person. We know that this is an incredibly difficult situation to deal with, but we also want to make sure you are taken care of.
At Peddicord & Townsend LLC, our qualified and experienced team is ready to help you get through this. We will work tirelessly to secure compensation for all of your expenses when you need a Kansas City wrongful death attorney.
We Know This Is Difficult
Please understand that we know how hard this is your you and that our compassionate attorneys will treat you like family when you come and see us. As we go over this brief list of common wrongful death causes, know that this is not a complete list. Always speak with a qualified attorney before making any decisions.
- Vehicle Accidents – For the latest reporting year in Missouri, there were 923 vehicle crash deaths. Many of these were caused by negligent drivers, those impaired by alcohol, distracted by their phones, those speeding, etc. Also included in those numbers were people killed.
- Product Liability – The government website that tracks all current recalls in the US shows us that we have a serious problem when it comes to defective products. These products are faulty for various reasons – flawed designs, manufacturing errors, and labeling issues.
- Workplace Accidents – Employers should always take the steps necessary to keep their workers safe. This includes ensuring they have the equipment they need to do their jobs and providing a safe working environment.
- Medical Mistakes – Errors made by healthcare professionals can have devastating effects. More than 250,000 people are killed each year due to mistakes made by healthcare professionals. This can include medication errors, surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, and more.
- Criminal Activity – When someone is killed due to the criminal activities of another person, their families look for justice in a few ways – through criminal proceedings and through civil actions like wrongful death lawsuits.
Wrongful death cases are brought by surviving family members or the victim’s estate against the person, company, or entity responsible for the death. It is important to hold people accountable for their actions.
What You Can Do Now
If you are here today because you lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, company, or entity, please accept our condolences. We know this is a difficult time for you and your family. While we understand that no amount of money will erase your pain, it can help bring closure and ensure that nobody else has to go through this again.
At Peddicord & Townsend LLC, we will work to secure compensation for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible
When you need a Kansas City wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 816-842-3200.